Saturday, May 28, 2005

Persecution

II Timothy 3:12 "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."
In my service with Jews for Jesus I was privledged to suffer persecution for our Messiah Yeshua's sake. I was threatened repeatedly with "if you are still here when I come back, I'm going to put you through the wall." (They never did come back). I was cussed out by people in orthodox Jewish garb who displayed the middle finger of ...fellowship. People tried to wrestle my gospel tracts out of my hands. This all was not hard to endure. But the sadness I suffered after I left missionary staff when old friends abandoned me because I no longer served with them on Jews for Jesus staff was much more difficult to endure than any threats from unbelievers.


http://www.exjewsforjesus.org/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The point here is that our jobs in Jews for Jesus were not just jobs. We made wonderful and close friendships with those we worked with. To be shunned by those friends after leaving JFJ is so, so painful.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had friends when I was in this cult. But when I got out none of those so called friends contacted me. I realized that they were "false friends" or friends only in the context of the cult. This realization made me realize the truth for what it was, and not to feel hurt and being shunned by people who were never real friends in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Let's remember that we were usually told not to communicate with people who left staff. There was always some reason and we would be looked upon with great disfavor if we did try to communicate with people who left.

Many times I wanted to speak with people who left but dared not. I was more than happy to meet with them again "on the other side."

Anonymous said...

I have found it rather humorous to find out that a number of people who joined the Jews for Jesus Cult after I left it were led to believe I was female.

This has come out a few times as those have left Jews for Jesus staff.

It is a funny and also sick commentary on the need that Jews for Jesus Cult leadership seems to have to dehumanize and otherwise attack the character of their critics, who are former Cult members.

Anonymous said...

There is a reason that Jews for Jesus keeps their employees so busy they don't have time for anything or anyone else...they don't want them to think. If they could think, they would leave.